Independent Thought is a recommended Institutions / organisations for imparting training progammes / workshop under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Independent Thought was NGO Member, Delhi High Court Legal Services Committee between 2015-2019.
Member, Delhi Police coordinated NGOs and Women's Rights Groups; anchored by Special Police Unit for Women & Children, Nanakpura, New Delhi.
Independent Thought works as a Mediation and Conciliation Centre on issues of women.
Legal Aid and Cause lawyering through Public Interest Litigations.
Trainings / Orientation conducted
- ⓪ Bal Bharati Public School, Noida
- ⓪ BSF Academy, Tekanpur, Gwalior, MP
- ⓪ Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR)
- ⓪ Members of Indian Industries Association, Greater Noida Chapter
- ⓪ Members, Local Committee, Districts Baghpat, Bulundshahar, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Hapur)
- ⓪ HR Heads of Industries in Noida organized by Noida District Administration & Interra IT
- ⓪ Training Session on Sexual Harassment at the work place and Ethics in Governance & Corruption for Officers of the Delhi Government through Department of Training (Government of NCT Delhi)
IEC Materials Development
- Laws Related to Violence against Women: The purpose was to create a simplified manual on gender, sexual crime against women, caste based violence, acid attacks, violence against law (procedural law), maternal mortality and morbidity, and role of lawyers/activists. Manual developed for Para Legal staff, Project Coordinators and field social workers for HRLN.
- ⓪ Gender related Legislations: developed Manual on Gender related Legislation for the National Law University [NLU], Jodhpur & UNFPA Initiative.
- ⓪ Training Manual on Gender: Pictorial training manual for Swati / Oxfam for community members
- ⓪ IEC materials on Prohibition of Children from Sexual Offence Act: including an animation movie for Plan India.
- ⓪ Session on Human Trafficking and Preventive Mechanism at National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) to Protection Officers, ICDS functionaries and social workers from different states..
Gender Justice Unit
The gender justice unit at Independent Thought understands that patriarchy, power and poverty are the three Ps that define gender rights in India. It is these three Ps that regulate, control and determine the agency of women across class, caste, community and creed in the country. Despite overarching work at different levels, position of women and girl children in India leaves a lot to be desired in the eyes of equality and access to justice. We understand that spaces both private and public are hostile for women and law has to be used as catalyst for social and mindset changes.